Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

What is the escape command to make my printer print

Customer Question
What is the escape...

What is the escape command to make my printer print landscape from dos program

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Printer epson lq 690 is there an option to print landscape ?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windos xp

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is a new need

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am using a dos program and i want to print on landscape paper

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Depending upon the printer you are using, the following commands should work:

Send Esc&l1O in a file such as landscape.prn, along with a code to eject the page from your printer Esc&l0H. Save each command in notepad as unicode (landscape.prn for the first command and eject.prn for the second command).

Then to copy the file text.txt to your printer do the following if network or LPT printer:

copy /b landscape.prn+text.txt+eject.prn \\pcname\shared_printer_name

or

copy /b landscape.prn+text.txt+eject.prn lpt1

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?