Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I scan a document it shows in an email e.g. as" '1234"

Customer Question
When I scan a...

When I scan a document it shows in an email e.g. as " '1234"

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Workforce WF-2750 5-6 months old. I also need to turn it off and on regularly because it says it is not hooked up to the computer. It is attached to the printer with a USB cable.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC and Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Turning it off and has been happening about 3 months. The other issue just started today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I am sorry, I did not get your question. Is the problem is with the name of file after scaning ? It seems all the sacnned files are having .1234 as extension. Am I right ?

Hi BhavikNo the extensions is not 1234.
That was only an example. It could also show as " 'harry"
So three spaces the '(file name)RegardsGerry

I have attached manual of your printer here. Please see the settings at page 142. and check wich name you have given in file save settings window.

Did you get it ?

Checking if your issue still persist ?