Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My HP color LaserJeP1215 is connected to my computer and

ireceived a message that...
My HP color LaserJeP1215 is connected to my computer and ireceived a message that there are no problems. However, when I clicked on print a test page nothing happens. The printer operated until a windows 10 update was installed and the printer was listed under another HP Model.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: HP Color LaserJet CP1215.. I took the printer to a technician. He printed attest page and a page shoeing the toner levels., What can the problem be.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10. Latest Update installed today
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This problem arose after a windows updte about 2 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: A technician connected the printer to his computer and printrd a test page. He shoed me the print out and said that the prnter was functioning
11/17/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

how is printer connected to computer..usb or wifi

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
USB

Follow these steps
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer have you unplugged the printer from pc
Guest: Turned off ans USB unpluggedCustomer okCustomer foundthe problemCustomer maybe with the update the hp printer software has been removedCustomer its missing from the computerCustomer let em install it
Guest: How do i installCustomer i willinstall itCustomer click on yesCustomer please connect printer usb cable to computer now
Guest: ConnectedCustomer thanks
Guest: do i turn on the printerCustomer turn on printer nowCustomer please plug in printer to a different usb portCustomer let me know once done
Guest: Turned onCustomer is the printer turned on
Guest: Yes I heard it runningCustomer when this printer was tested on another computer, did you use the same usb cable to connect to a different pc
Guest: No It was at the Teck'cshopCustomer by any chance do you have any other printer usb cableCustomer when was the printer working fine teh last time
Guest: Yes.I will disconect it from ascannerCustomer ok..please try to connect this printer with a different usb..let me know once you have connected
Guest: ConnectedCustomer ok
Guest: the Paper in the tray is Lettersize not A4Customer chnage to a4
Guest: I dont havw A4Customer no problemsCustomer right now the printer is connected to pc with teh usb cable of scannerCustomer is that correctCustomer since this happened only after the update, i can rollback the computer settings back to a date before the updateCustomer your files and data do not get affected.Customer if even after that theprinter does not work, then you may test with a windows 7 laptop. or if you wish we can resume tomorrow morningCustomer you just need to suggest me a time and your time zoneCustomer would you like me to run the settings restore now or would you like to resume tomorrow morning
Guest: Time Zone EST I will be availab/e at 11:00 AM ESTCustomer that should be absolutely fine with meCustomer so lets do one thing, lets resume tomorrow morning 11 am estCustomer i hope you know how to open teh just answer pageCustomer if not let me know and i can add the page to your favorites so that tomoorow morning you can easily open the page
Guest: Yes pls do thatCustomer ok i will which browser do you use the most, edge, firefox or chrome
Guest: edgeCustomer okCustomer its added
Guest: ThanksCustomer tomorrow morning 11 just open this page and send me a message
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert