Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer Canon mg 7520 keeps telling me that my printer is…

Customer Question
My printer Canon...

My printer Canon mg 7520 keeps telling me that my printer is busy with another action. No one else in this house uses a computer/printer but me. I looked online and the suggestion was to go to Control panel/administration/ services/ printer spool: turn off then on. It worked once then the status was after that the same....printer being used..

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I'm very upset as I have many things to print including photos. Please help. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP envy laptop ordered 4/2016 Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been a week. Nothing happened before this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I stopped the printer spool then started it .....maybe 6-7 times as this problem has been happening this past week.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

wifi
I can print from my iphone using wifi air print...it's just my computer
Are you working on this or are we disconnected?
ok
Canon printer: pixma mg 7520 ordered Feb. 2016
Today? I'm in California and it's 4:33. Will he try for today? If not, please cancel the request and cancel any amounts charged to my account. Thank you.