Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson kitchen printer, which came with a package…

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson kitchen printer, which came with a package of POS equipment. It has a red and black ribbon. It prints only in red, which is hard for my cooks to read. How do I change it to print only in black? The model is M188b.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just bought it two months ago.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

An Apple I-Pad.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

From the beginning. It has never printed in black.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since the POS system was installed two months ago. It works fine. The printer has a red and black ribbon, but only prints in red, which is hard for my cooks to read. We need to change it to print black only.
The printer is controlled by Breadcrump, the POS provider, via an ipad at our cash register. Control would have to go through Breadcrumb. Is the decision to print red or black controlled through the ipad?

Can you give me the printer make and model?

Model M-188b. It also appears to be in the 220 series. It is an Ethernet POS kitchen printer.

What OS does the host device run?

Idk

Is the POS windows? Windows XP? Windows 7, maybe windows 10?

Idk
This is a waste of my time. Please terminate my subscription.

Would you like me to cancel?

I already did. Breadcrumb helped me. I simply have to get an all black ribbon.
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago

OK great