Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed my computer password and can not remember it. When…

Customer Question
I changed my computer...

I changed my computer password ***** can not remember it. When I hit change password ***** says this feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect a USB flash drive and try again.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP I cant find the model #

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP computer lap top and it is my password ***** will not allow me to reset

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Last month it came up to reset my password I forgot to write it down and now I forgot it. and I shut my computer off and it is asking for my password ***** I forgot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just help me find out what my password *****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, What Windows OS are you running please? (7, 8 or 10)?

I think 7

Solution 1 : Using the Administrator Account

1- Start or restart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2- Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3-Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen

4-Click on "Start" and "Control Panel".

5-You will enter "All Control Panel Items", then click" User Accounts"

6-Then click"Manage Another account" as following.

7-Choose the account which you want to reset the password.

8-Click "Change the password" as following

9-Type a new password ***** that account.

Solution 2 : Bypass Windows 7 password

1-Boot from Windows 7 Installation CD. When your computer boots from the CD, you should click repair your computer option, then choose Command Prompt from various options.

2-Type the following commands: (Please see the attachements)

Exit installation CD, and reboot your PC.

3-While Windows login screen appears, press the Shift key 5 times to bring up the command line interface.

Now type command net user an hit enter, you will get all account names on the computer.

Now net user <account name> <your new password> to reset windows 7 user password.

example : net user john 123456a

If you don't have the windows 7 installation disc please watch this short video on youtube or download Windows 7 ISO image and burn it into a Blank DVD

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I don't have a f8 key

What is the model and brand of your computer please?