Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How fix paper jam error on HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 MFP? All…

Customer Question
How fix paper jam error...
How fix paper jam error on HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 MFP? All paper removed, still displays paper jam error.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are facing a paper jam issue on the printer, as you stated that you have cleared paper in the printer. In this case we can quickly check on the paper jam inside the printer. I request you to visit this website to identify how to clear all the paper jammed inside the printer. You can find the link below, https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100779

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Hi Karthik,Thank you for the reply, all paper has been removed from the printer, I have already reviewed the hp troubleshooting guide and watched the hp youtube video and performed the steps....Still have (false) paper jam. Is there any sensors that may be the cause?

Have you clean the Clean the paper feed rollers? Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Use the following steps to clean the rollers inside the printer, the duplexer, and the ADF, and then print a test page. And have you tried doing reset on the printer? Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Follow these steps to reset the printer, which clears a false paper jam error. If you haven't tried that please let me know.

Hi Karthik,
I will look into the printer this week as time allows, and post a reply. It is a short work week, Thanksgiving Holiday.
Hi Karthik,I spoke with my colleague again, she explained there was no paper jam. The paper jam error occurred when she sent a print to the printer. No paper was jammed...Do you have any specifics of sensor and switch locations inside the printer?

I am sorry for the delay, It might be printer sensor problem. In this case you can contact HP support and check if there is any hardware issue, they will rectify it.