Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a new cannon printer mx 922. how do you scan a document…

Customer Question
Have a new cannon...

Have a new cannon printer mx 922. how do you scan a document on it and send it to a file on the pc ?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don`t know how to troubleshoot it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you today? Have you ever successfully scanned a document with this printer?

never tried before
no tell me troubleshooting procedure

Alright. Give me just a moment and I will find the procedures for you, I am looking now.

What operating system are you using on your machine?

I`m still waiting

The following is a list of procedures from Canon's website involving a Windows machine. If you have a Macintosh, please let me know and I will find those procedures for you.

1. Make sure your printer is turned on, and press the SCAN button.
  2. Choose the connected computer where your scanned images will be saved.
    1. If your only connected computer is connected by a USB cable, you should see the scan standby screen and can proceed to step 3.
    2. To choose the destination computer, use the arrow buttons to select PC. Press OK.
    3. Use the arrow buttons to select the computer ready to save your scanned images, then press OK.
  3. Use the arrow buttons to select the document type to apply relevant settings as specified in Scan settings.

Note that you can select Auto scan when you're saving to a USB-connected computer. With Auto scan, the printer automatically detects the type of the originals and adjusts the scan settings to optimal size, resolution, and data format. If the scanning result with Auto scan is not satisfactory, select Document or Photo.

4. Press the right Function button if you want to adjust scan settings, such as the scan size, resolution, or data format. Use the arrow buttons to select the setting item or the arrow buttons to specify the setting, then press OK.
  5. Load the original document or photo on the scanning surface (platen glass) or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
  6. Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black & white scanning. The printer will start scanning.

Note: if your original is loaded on the scanning surface (not the automatic feeder), and you've selected PDF or Compact PDF format, the printer will scan the original then show a confirmation screen asking if you want to load another original to scan. You can choose to load another original page or press the left Function button when you are done.

7. When the scan is complete, the scanned image(s) file will be saved to your computer.
  8. Don't forget to remove the original from the platen glass scanning surface or from the document output slot.

Please let me know if you have trouble with anything mentioned in the above procedures.