Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP printer that has worked with my PC for years.

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP printer that has worked with my PC for years. Now, my computer indicates my printer is off line. I tried removing the printer within Settings, but when I attempt to re-instate it, my computer doesn't recognize its existence. What do I need to do?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

HPEnvy 4500; perhaps 5 or more years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC; Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

One day. I unplugged the printer to move it; then plugged it back in. But...it worked for awhile after being plugged back in

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Just answer the question. I don’t want to buy anything and I don’t want to connect you.
11/16/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today. I'll have to ask some questions first to better understand the problem. Let me know when you're ready please

Ready
No

Great. The first issue to eliminate would be the cable. You mentioned it is not being detected. Do you have any other cables you could swap out to test with before we go to the software solutions?

This is wireless

I see. Do you have the printer's IP address?

No...where do I find it? I need this to go more quickly; I can’t wait minutes for a redponse

It should be on the printer. Can you look through the options for something resembling NETWORK or IP. The IP address will have 4 sets of numbers with a dot inbetween each one like this

192.168.0.1

I'm going as quick as possible. Unfortunately, this is important. If you want to come back at a later time, we can and I can leave the question open. Just please do not rate negatively

I only see a serial nimber

Press the Wireless button to view wireless status and menu options. ● If the printer has an active connection to a wireless network, the wireless light will be on solid blue. In the mean time, the printer display will show Connected and the printer’s IP address.

It just says on with security or without

Okay. It may need to be setup on the network again if it's not showing the IP information. Can you start from scratch with the manual and then get reconnected back and I can help further. Until it's online, it's unable to be accessed wirelessly from a machine

How do I set it upon the network again

Sure. One moment

Follow the steps in this step-by-step guide --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03753241

Hi. What is the status of this so far?

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please

also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

I solved this on my own. Please stop sending me messages.