Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon MG2920 printer is not working properly. It's a

Customer Question
Hi there! My Canon...

Hi there! My Canon MG2920 printer is not working properly. It's a hardware issue. When I put paper in and print, the paper twist a bit and stops.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Less than a year

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PIXMA MG2920 iMac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just found out recently nothing . I reset everything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think it's pretty much it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today

When was the last successful print before this happened?

There's about 3 or 4 reasons this could happen, but I want to eliminate as many options as possible to give you the right answer

few days ago
it has one paper printed and it becomes twisted ink
It don't think remote assistance work if it's hardware issue

I agree. This is 95% of the time usually because ink gets on the rollers or fusers and need to be cleaned

The other 5% is usually humidity on the paper causing it to wrinkle

I found out the ink had rolled over and leave a trail
the yellow light is on for the black ink. At first I thought I should change the black ink, but it's not just the ink problem

That's it! You should clean the rollers and fusers to start and then replace/reseat the ink cartridges. That will fix the issue.

Do you have any questions for me regarding anything?

Do u mean I have to replace both ink catridges?
How do I know when to change the ink? when the black ink light is on?

Not replace them if they have ink, but just take them out and re-insert them after the cleaning

Usually the printer will tell you when it is low on ink or the computer will with a pop-up. You can download the software for your model on the Canon site and that has an app that will tell you as well

I c.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help. Also, please remember to rate my service using the stars as well when you're ready to disconnect for now. Thanks!

the same issue happened
it shows"spooling job" up to 21% and it stopped

Were you able to clean all of the rollers in the print assembly and the fuser?

I can only clean the parts that I am able to reach
no thanks~ my printer only cost less than 30 dollar and the assistance takes 52. It's not worth it~
I just don't know why the paper won't go through

That's the reason. The rollers are used to grip the paper and anything that impedes that will cause the paper to wrinkle

Ignore the prompts for the additional service. Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help. Also, please remember to rate my service using the stars as well when you're ready to disconnect for now. Thanks!

Hi, do you need any additional questions answered for this?

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please

also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!