Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to install a Canon Maxify MB5420 on my Win7 PC.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a Canon Maxify MB5420 on my Win7 PC. Installation goes fine upto the installation of the software D/Led from Canon.com/ijsetup site. During installation of this software, it stops with the error message, INSTALLATION FAILURE: MB Drivers could not be installed. Please advise. I am trying to install this as a wired LAN printer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

My PC?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Software was being installed when this message popped up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzM1MzAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Download / Installation Procedures IMPORTANT: Be sure to connect your PC to the Internet while performing the following:

1. Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.

2. Double-click the downloaded .exe file. It will be decompressed and the Setup screen will be displayed. Follow the instructions to install the software and perform the necessary settings.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Please try to install the driver again using the link shared above. Please let me know if that works.

Same result as before. Error message: 'Installation Failure: MP drivers could not be installed.'
Prefer not to allow remote access.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know whether the Printer and the computer are connected through a USB cable or through Wi-Fi?

Printer and PC are connected via wired LAN router. Printer is detected during the setup process, but software will not complete the installation.
Must terminate session. Please email reply.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Initially you may have to connect the printer to the router via wifi and then run the setup on the printer.

If you connect the printer only to the computer, you may not be able to run the setup. So let the computer be connected to the router.

And could you let me know what is the system type on your computer?

Open the run command by holding the Windows key and the letter R together.

Type "msinfo32" and press Ok.

Search for system type and let me know.

System is WINDOWS 7 Home Premium.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Type "msinfo32" and press Ok.

Search for system type and let me know.

x64 based PC
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you for that information. Please connect the printer to the router and run the setup one more time.Let me know if that works.

Same result.
Sorry, I MUST Leave. Please affect a refund of my deposit. Good-bye.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can contact Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!