Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer in "error state" and it won't print but it will

Customer Question
Printer in "error state"...

Printer in "error state" and it won't print but it will copy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

MG2900 and it's less than 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today. I haven't used it in a while, turned it on and tried to print a doc. Got message, tested by asking it to copy something which it did. Won't "print test page" or other fixits. Just give the error me\sg

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know what I can add to that. I am on a boat in Panama for what it's worth but that has never been a problem before.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

How are you connect to the printer? Via a USB cable?

Please let me know

wireless dongle
same effect with hard wire

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK I've already done that but I didn't wait 10 min. Here goes

thank you

Plug it back in?

yes and try printing

34;Printer not responding".

Are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

windows 10, recent update

Thanks

Disconnect the printer, click start, type in

control and click on control panel

then type in the search in control panel, device and click on devices and printers

Right click the printer and select remove.

Once done, restart.

Connect the printer to a different USB port and tell me if it then works please

ok

thanks