Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer can't be found on the wireless network. any hints…

Customer Question
My printer can't be...

My printer can't be found on the wireless network. any hints on how to correct that problem. It works when my wife's macbook air prints, but my iMac doesnt' find it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Several years old. it is an mfc-Ll2700dw model

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac, with the latest OS 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I updated the OS a couple days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This has happened before, and your interface through the small screen is mystifying

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Is the printer connected to your wireless network directly or do your computers connect to it directly?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason