Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's a Pixma MX492 and has lost it's connection to my

Customer Question
It's a Pixma MX492...

It's a Pixma MX492 and has lost it's connection to my laptop. During house repairs they were moved and stored for a while elsewhere. On return, the Pixma 492 is not on my list of printers with which I can connect. I tried using online instructions and failed.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

New in August, 2017 and at that time I paid someone to connect them and it worked well.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC (Lenovo) laptop. OS means what? I

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

As I said, the laptop and printer were disconnected and the printer was stored elsewhere for two months. The laptop was with me and working fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That getting the printer back on the list of printers from which I choose to connect with is the main goal. Once there, I believe it should work. Im not tech savy enough to do this.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason