Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a FX-890 Printer in a small office environment that…

Customer Question
Good morning. Have a...

Good morning. Have a FX-890 Printer in a small office environment that simply stopped printing yesterday. Troubleshooting the issue we have verified the printer is on, verified its connected to the network. I am able to ping the IP address of the printer. I verified the printer is discovered on multiple machines in our office. I removed and rediscovered the printer on multiple machines and verified the correct printer is what is being printed too. Changed ports on the company switch. Kind of at my wits ends here on the next troubleshooting step and was hoping you had a suggestion

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson fx-890 p361a about 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just a recent issue, printer simply didn't print a work order for us after having worked fine since I can remember

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I think I can help with this. Are any other computers able to print to the printer?

none

Okay. Is the printer shared through an IP address or a server?

ip address

Okay. Can you turn off IPv6 on one of the PC's and then try printing again. If that doesn't work, can you turn off the print spooler, delete the printer, turn back on the print spooler and re-add the printer? This will give a better idea of a few other options

turned off ipv6 on one pc, was still not able to print from different pc. turned off, deleted printer, turned back on and added printer. was prompted to print test page, said yes and still no printing

Okay. Can you do a hard reset on the printer and set it up again. This will be another test to see if something was changed on the printer side

as in factory defaulting the unit?

Yes. This will reset the network configuration and settings as well as a form of troubleshooting

gonna have to dig up a manual on that, response will be delayed but im on it

Sure. It shouldn't be too difficult. usually a set of keys pressed in sequence. Let me know what the results are and we'll go from there.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please

also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!