Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Not printing pictures in correct colors - photos not the…

Customer Question
Not printing pictures in...

Not printing pictures in correct colors - photos not the quality they have been

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP Envy 4520 - purchased 2016-06-27

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pprinting from Samsung desk top PC - Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been happening gradually - I print Hallmark cards and colors not quite right for a while and also getting fainter - now trying to print photos and they are not coming out clear as they used to.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Went into Best Buy yesterday and they told me that the printer is evidently worn out - happens sometimes. Also want to say that new cartridges went into printer last week.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

unplugged - waiting ten minutes - turned back on, working as it should
no, do not want to spend 39$ for you to fix it - this is not what I thought I was getting into - would now like my $5.00 deposit back and I will go ahead on my own.

You can go here for a refund

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0