Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

From South Korea. (I'm an American) I just received an Epson…

Customer Question
Good evening from South...

Good evening from South Korea. (I'm an American) I just received an Epson XP 830 color AOI machine from Amazon and unpacked it. It has a standard US plug. I can easily buy a plug adaptor. My question is do I also need a voltage converter because the voltage here 110 and not 220? Thanks. ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's brand new. XP 830

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Samsung .OS is PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

You're not listening. I haven't hooked it up yet, because I don't want to fry it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Yes you will need a voltage stepper to step the voltage down to 110 volts.

This is one such device

https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Converter-220-240-110/dp/B001ES8YY6

Though you may be able to source it locally in South Korea, but you need to step it down to 110 volts as this is what the printer is expecting.

Let me know if you need any additional information please