Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Put a new Black XL cartridge in and now it is giving me an…

Customer Question
Put a new Black...

Put a new Black XL cartridge in and now it is giving me an error code B504 and won't print. I tried to take the cartridge out to reinsert but could not get it out?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes I checked the code. I have a Cannon Maxify MB2320

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just tonight when I changed the cartridge

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It's doing a lot of, like it's cleaning the jets?
No. How can I get the cartridge out and then re insert it?

Is it still cleaning? If so, let it complete.

Tell me when it has please

It has stopped and got the error code B504 again
The triangle warning sign is now flashing.

Can you access the ink cartridges now?

Only if I turn off the printer and then slide the cartridge holder over. When it is on it won't bring them over

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I can't get the cartridge to release

Just that one or any of the cartridges?

I didn't try any other cartridge But I will try

Thank you

Can't release any of them

So if you push them in they do not pop out?

No

You are doing it like this correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPuKnzyG62g

In that film?

I did as it showed wait for it to quit cleaning jets. Thank you

Thanks

Tell me when it has completed and if it then prints

It just went back to the same thing. I will have to wait until tomorrow. Thank you anyway though

Same error? Let me know as then I know the isssue

Richard, Technician