Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error message on hp office jet printer. 12 years old.

Customer Question
Error message on hp...

Error message on hp office jet printer

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years old. Message is 165:hw_interrupt_hwv2.c. Prints 1/2 of a page then stops when cleared and unplugged And then reconnected the print commands stay in the que, but the printer doesn't respond.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. Not sure about op system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several days now. It would print from the top, nm

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was working fine last week. We had. Power outage bust I did and re connected it. Also had a jam involving the back if the unit cleared it ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

HI,

Could you try to perform a soft reset of the printer by disconnecting the power then press and hold the number 6 key on the keypad and plug the power back in, Keep the 6 key pressed for 10 more second then release it and see if the machine responds.

If the machine does not respond try the same procedure with the #9 key pressed.

Let us know what happens.

With '6' I get "hp invent" then error
Ox83827030With '9' I get hp invent then nothing more
I notice that the movable white tape Lois eroded
Looks eroded

Okay, Give me couple of minutes.

Reset the product

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the product.
  5. Wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the product.
  8. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
  9. Reconnect the USB cable to the product.
  10. Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.
Error message 0x84804108
Computer and printer connect via wifi
Display also blinks yellow next to Auto Answer under Fax heading, an orange exclamation mark near the setup button and another yellow blinking at the "Print On" button.Are we having fun yet?

Sorry for the delay, The is unknow error message. I would recommend you to try print head clean up.

Hoping that you are using genuine ink cartridges.

Please follow the steps given in below link :-

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01458034