Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I turned on my MG 7520, the display showed Japanese or…

Customer Question
When I turned on...

When I turned on my MG 7520, the display showed Japanese or Chinese characters, and 8600 in the right upper corner, which I guess is the error code. Only two buttons are lit up : the power and the the red blinking triangle on the right. The printer does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Sorry the code is 6800. The printer is Canon Pixma MG7520

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since today. What happened I don't know. Normally the printer is always on, but today I found it off

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2017
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 5 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out.

turn off the printer and unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs. plug in power cord and turn on printer. let me know that does it show the code 6800 again with a different language or just the different language

Did you mean I should first unplug and then press the power button for 10 sec with unplugged printer?

yes press the power button for 10 sec with unplugged printer

I did as you requested but nothing has changed.

ok. I do see you requested remote assistance but would not be applicable in your case as this seems to be a hardware\settings issue with printer itself. I will assist you on this chat page itself

OK what should I do

let me know is that changes the language

Where is Michelle or anybody on-line< please?
Is your "help" over?
Hello guys,
Sorry, I totally dissatisfied with your services and firmly want my money back.
I hope I am explicit enough to make a statement that I am totally dissatisfied with your services.
I am insisting on the full refund of my payment, please.
John, Computer Science Engineer