Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just got a brand new pixma ts5020 and I cannot get it to get…

Customer Question
Just got a brand...

Just got a brand new pixma ts5020 and I cannot get it to get past loading the paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Pixma ts5020 cannot find serial #

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Keeps telling me operation panel is closed tells me toopen operation panel and slide out paper out put tray. it will not let me get past that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/15/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

why am I not speaking to someone from canon?

You have reached Just Answer, an independent information services company that provides technical support for computers, printers, smartphones, and consumer electronics products. We provide a unique and indispensable service, comprised of system test and integration, that you cannot get from the component manufacturers.

then please help me set up my printer

Please use this link to access page 22 of the TS5000 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows):

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/ts-series-inkjet/ts5020-black?tab=manuals#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

It is necessary to pull up the control panel and pull out the paper guide for the printed pages before the printer will print.