Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a gxe7700n that when trying to power up the alert

light, data in, and online...
I have a gxe7700n that when trying to power up the alert light, data in, and online lights come on for about a second or 2 but then it powers off. When I took the printer apart and examined all boards I couldn't find any problems with physical or discolored areas. I recently changed sublimation inks as old ones were out of date and had a 990 error .
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Aficio GXe7700n not sure where modelnumber is ***** I think its about 4 yrss old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a PC with 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: problem occurred recently and had been working with conde techs to try and fix 990 problem which occurred when I was trying to do a flush. A flush was needed as doing nozzle checks didn't fix bad tests. ink was 2 yrs out of date so ordered new ink but when I replaced them the 990 error was still there. then this error occurred. The Printer had been idle for at least a year.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just got the printer lately as it belonged to my son who was to busy to use it. I was a technician before retireing 19 years ago.
11/15/2017
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You may need to perform a factory reset on your machine. This can be done as follows:

1 Back up address books stored in the Ricoh copier settings that you may need. Using your owner's manual, follow the process to back up any information that you do not want to lose. Resetting to factory defaults will erase all stored data. 2 Press the "./*" key and the "#" key on the Ricoh copier at the same time and hold for 10 seconds. Nothing will seem to happen until you hold both buttons down for the full 10 seconds. Once 10 seconds is reached, the copier will shut down and begin to re-boot. During this process, the Ricoh is resetting itself to factory default settings. 3 Test to make sure the process worked. By going through the menu options on the screen, you should notice that your old settings have been replaced and your address books have been cleared. If this is the case, your Ricoh copier has been reset to factory defaults. If not, check your owner's manual as the process for some Ricoh's may differ from this process.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That doesn’t work because the unit powers down after 2 seconds after pushing the power on button

Unfortunately, this behavior indicated that there is an electronic fault on one of the logic boards. If you are so inclined, you can get ahold of the service manual and start replacing logic boards until you have resolved the problem. However, I would recommend purchasing a new printer. You can probably cover the replacement cost of the entire printer with the cost of the replacement boards.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the info. I have already ordered another printer and will try to “ play with the boards” as it’s a bit of a hobby of mine to attempt to fix boards at component level. —-usually without much success .��

Okay. Are you satisfied with the service? Have I helped you to resolve the problem to your satisfaction?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you have and it was pretty much what I had thought but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t something obvious. Thanks for your quick response and good advise. I have sg440 already on its way.

You won't be charged if you do not complete the 5-Star rating, but I won't get compensated either. It is up to you. I can understand that you had already made the decision to replace the printer, so I will understand if you do not think that I added value to your decision. Either way is okay with me.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Thank you very much for the Excellent rating!

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer