Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I print my photos, they for the most part, come out 95%

Customer Question
When I print my...

When I print my photos, they for the most part, come out 95% perfect but when I run them back through to print on the backs. The pictures are ruined 50% of the time, even after waiting 5 minutes for the toner to dry. Before you ask, yes this is OEM Toner. I am an Ident-A-Kid franchise owner and I am trying to print our ID Cards.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother 3170-cdw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HL 3170

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Last 10 schools that I have printed, so for about 2 weeks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/15/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In what way do the photos get ruined, when run through the printer over again for back-side printing? please describe what goes wrong, in Reply To Expert, and I will advise you.

The toner starts coming off, leaving pinsize white dots (color of my photo paper) enough to ruin the picture.

OK... you may have a problem with various things in the printer, but tell me, do you know how to run a 'duplex' print on this model? I encourage you to look, at least briefly, for that option. (It may not be an option on your current model, but it is an option on some laser printers and some inkjet printers. And 'duplex' printing means 2-sided; Auto Duplex means you can run the print job and the printer flips over the paper for you.)

It says 100% satisfaction guaranteed what happens if you cannot get it to print correctly? Do I get my money back?

If you wish, I can pass your refund request on to Customer Support at JustAnswer. Would you like me to do that now?