Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Keep getting Error 5100 showing up. Canon Pixma MP160. PC…

Customer Question
Keep getting Error 5100...

Keep getting Error 5100 showing up

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon Pixma MP160

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC laptop Toshiba. Dont know what OS means

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Has done it before then somehow righted itself. I had connected the laptop and went to print a flyer I had done up. Had swapped paper size to A5. When didnt work went back to A4.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The Alarm is flashing and paper shows empty(isnt) and ON/Off button flashing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/15/2017
Technician: Richard Hill, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer

Please find below a link detailing the various issues that may cause this error and by clicking on each item the actions to take:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137783

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich