Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WF-3640 not working, drivers and firmware reinstalled but…

Customer Question
WF-3640 not working, drivers...

WF-3640 not working, drivers and firmware reinstalled but error code 0x97 continues.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson printer WF-3640 and error code is 0x97 no printing

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I use Windows, I tried in two different PC with Windows 10 64 bits and Windows 7 professional 32bit

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

One week, the printer was working fine before. I follow some recomendations and cleaned printer heads for 24 hours not working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I read in the internet that epson error code 0x97 is an epson printers problem with no solution, its a software problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

0x97 error is not a software issue; it is a hardware issue.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How I can eliminate error code 0x97 from epson printer WF-3640

Wait 2 minutes

Do you still have the error?

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!