Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have just been talking to someone but it dropped out.

Customer Question
JA: What's the make/model number...
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson XP-410 OS High Sierra, problem started a few days ago, cannot prints get message "Communicaton error."
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.13.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Three days. Nothing, it worked OK
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Printers
11/15/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 30 days ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 30 days ago

May I know if the power light turns on or not if not please follow the below steps:

1.Turn off the printer and check the power cord connections between the printer and the electrical outlet. Then turn the printer back on.

2.Make sure that the switch is turned on or plug another electrical device into the outlet to check whether the outlet is operating properly.

Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have checked connections, all OK. But strangely, when I switch on the printer at the beginning of the day it will print, but only once then it reverts to "Communication error." I do not use Epson ink.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 29 days ago

May I know how your printer is connected to your computer is it through WiFi or USB cable?

John, Computer Science Engineer