Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Nothing. Have a question about its capability to print

carbonless paper. Will the paper...
Nothing. Have a question about its capability to print carbonless paper. Will the paper get stuck?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon 7520 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 120 Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not tried printing it yet. Non profit group I'm involved with wants to print bid sheets for silent auction in triplicate. I figure if I can print the whole thing, each sheet individually and then staple them togetehr, I can save us some money. Just worried that the thinness of such paper would jam
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. thank you.
11/15/2017
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What paper grade and weight is it, that you are contemplating printing upon?

And, is it folded anywhere, even if afterward unfolded, before it is put into the printer?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I believe they are 20lb pages. it is not folded anywhere. Do not know grade.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am not in middle of printing. I am trying to make sure that I woulld be able to print on this paper without it jamming. Because it has something on its surface to make it carbonless, I was not sure it would go thru neatly.

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
arbonless paper is coated with two different types of chemicals: CF or Coated Front, and CB or Coated Back. These chemicals are held in tiny capsules and are released when the capsules are burst by pressure from a pen or printer.

20 pound paper? I was thinking of the 'weight' rating, yes.

I'm looking up the types of paper the printer you have is rated to handle...

As for the carbon capsules... the printer's ink-jets don't exert much pressure, it's basically sprayed ink on a very fine scale... but the printer's rollers may get marked with carbon/ink from such paper, in which case, that would rub off on later paper (white paper! with black smudges on it, presumably) passed through the printer.

I suspect it would be a bad idea to try such paper in an inkjet printer, for that reason at least.

Printing identically on three sheets of paper will produce the 'carbon copy' effect, at least.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Oh, that's what I was afraid of...the rubbing off of the chemicals onto the printer rollers.
And guess there' sno way to clean rollers.
Thank you.

Cleaning the rollers would involve both expense and time (and hand work not good for arthritic hands, somewhat stressful to the finger joints.)

Glad to have helped advise you and cleared up your question about the practical aspects of using such paper (- and, it's lucky that you explained 'carbonless' paper to me, I thought you meant carbon paper pairs or triple-sheets, with the carbon sheet removed.)

- Would you be willing to rate my work on your question?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
but must leave soon, so hope survey not long. Late for a class. Thank you so much! love this answer system...worth paying for to talk to someone who knows.

Just a word about the quality of my work on your question, in Reply, is enough for now. Thanks, ***** ***** would not want to delay you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I think talking to someone who knows theproduct I'm using is definitey worth paying for. I appreciate your expertise and probem solving skills in quickly getting the answers to me. Thank you!
ElaineFuerst

Excellent rating! I appreciate the time you spent on that rating. Enjoy your day.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

If you need further information, feel free to just ask. Thanks again for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech