Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon pixma mg6230 won't print It gives and error code…

Customer Question
My canon pixma mg6230...

My canon pixma mg6230 won't print It gives and error code b200 and tells me tohave it looked .

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 3 years. No other problems good service

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A .dell desk top hard wired to internet. also a dell inspirion lap top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 2 weeks. The first three time I shut down, disconnected and it came back up, Now it recover

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

If I can't make this one right again. I would consider a refurbished or used.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you this evening? How long did you leave it disconnected previously? Have you already attempted that again?

at the moment, my printer is in the car waiting to go for service.
I am willing to try again.....maybe unplugged pvernight before.
I see you can repair remotely. maybe I should work with you tomorrow.
Now it has been unplugged two days.
maybe tomorrow . I can contact you again? what is the best method?
I know you company already billed me $5 +$18 but.I have not received a report.waiting for your email to cross over.
xxxxx
are you closed?

Alright. I am here you can contact me again through this and I'll be able to see you messaged.

does your email detail the steps I need to take my self to make the repair myself??? I have not yet received the email from your company.

I'm not sure what email you mention, unless you are talking about our discussion here. If you would like me to send you a set of procedures you can attempt in the morning to resolve your printer issue, we can do that as well.

send them and I will try one more time. If I am unsuccessful then can I reach you for a remote solution??

Sure I will attempt sending procedures now. I can talk to you remotely but I believe this is a mechanical problem so not sure if I can fix it over the internet.

1. Open the cover of the printer.

2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

9. Plug the power back in and turn the printer on.