Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After installing new ink cartridges, I got the messages that…

Customer Question
After installing new ink...

After installing new ink cartridges, I got the messages that the printer head was missing or nit recognized. I took it out and cleaned it bit nothing changed. I see on line that this is pretty common. I have a HP 7520.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Age approx 4 years model is 7520

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC laptop... Right now an Apple I-pad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It napped quite a while ago. Just haven't done anything about it after I cleaned it. Just before it happened I installed all new ink cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer has not had all that much use. I really don't feel the print head needs to be replaced.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?