Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need drivers for my Cannon Image Class MF4150 for Mac OS…

Customer Question
I need drivers for...

I need drivers for my Cannon Image Class MF4150 for Mac OS 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have never used it for scanning. It s about 4 years old. It works perfectly for copyng

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

NOTHING. I'm just trying to set it up for printing and scanning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
11/14/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your Mac, go to this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf4150?tab=drivers_downloads

Download and install the "UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.14.0 [Mac OS : 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13]"

Open the downloaded file and make sure you install it. After installing it, go to Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Add your printer there (if you are already able to print or added it to your Mac before, then no need to add again).

After adding it, you can use Apple's Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and you will see Image Capture there. Open it, select you printer in left side under Devices or Shared. Click it and then you can scan.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I just spoke with Cannon, and they say there are NO DRIVERS FOR MAC. SO YOUR ANSWER WAS WRONG.
Discontinue my subscription and refund my credit card payment.
Thank you,
H. M. Adler

The link I sent you is official drivers from Canon. Did you even try the answer I sent you ?

Even if official drivers are not available and you couldn't use Image Capture to scan, then there are some other methods or drivers to scan to the Mac using this printer.

Also we just started working this question and if you are not interested to continue to continue working on this, then No problem. I will request full refund for you or you can email to customer support at***@******.*** and they will refund you (Remember, I'm only a tech in here with no access to your account or card details, so I can't process it myself)

Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician