Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Print head wilt leave right hand position though it appears…

Customer Question
Print head wilt leave...

Print head wilt leave right hand position though it appears to try with a loud thump. Once during this process it travels right across to left and returns to right hand position after 4 or 5 toys it gives error 76 printer jam instructions though there is no paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

M

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Brother MFC-J6910DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

IMac El Capitan 10.11.6 paper jammed removed pageant problem started No amount of inspection for foreign objects or paper to be seen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Should read removed paper jam. Print head moved in this process ( by hand)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

May be six years
What happens if you can't fix it?

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

This was not a free trial I paid $32 already

Yes, this is not free.

OK Thanks a lot

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.