Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  4+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

My Epson printer stated that my printer's ink pad is nearing

Customer Question

My Epson printer stated that my printer's ink pad is nearing the end of it's service and that I should contact you for your support
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe that it is about 5 to 10 years years old, and it is an Epson Workforce 645
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a HP lap top, and a HP desk computer I am using a Microsoft System, and Office System
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happen last night when I was printing, all of a sudden it stopped and I saw the message on the printer screen, I tried to continue again and it started to print.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ricky Expert replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When the printer's ink pad, which catches extra ink, becomes too saturated, it needs to be replaced. Most people will get a new printer before this happens, but for users who print more than most this can happen before that time. You could have the printer's ink pad replaced, but I usually recommend a new printer at this time. The reason for this is that once a printer gets to this age it is likely that more will begin going wrong in the near future and it is also outdated, as printer technology increases exponentially every year.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!