Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a quick question about a printer cartridges.. I

Customer Question
purchase refilled/non-brand cartridges from amazon...
I have a quick question about a printer cartridges.. I purchase refilled/non-brand cartridges from amazon and my HP printer complains about the cartrige saying it is incompatible. However, if I power off and start up the printer again, it will print out whatever I sent to the printer.. But now that has suddenly stopped working and now even with power off/on, it would not let me print with the new ink cartridges.. Is this a common problem and is there a quick cure for this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 month ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Refills/generic inks do affect the printer head adversely. its always recommended ​to use branded inks. the symptoms you have described in your question could be due to use of generic inks. you may try a printer reset as per the steps I will list below

remove inks and turn off printer. unplug power cord and keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs. wait for 2 mins. plug in power cord and turn on printer. insert ink back in and try a print. let me know if it prints right away or does the same thing as before

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks i will try it as soon as i have the chance. it sounds strange i need to press on button while unplugged but i will do it.

just checking back if you tried the steps or not . do let me know the status

John, Computer Science Engineer