Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon canoscan lide 110 that stop opening on my…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon canoscan lide 110 that stop opening on my mac....I downloaded a new driver. still doesn't work...

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Never done this before....i say about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac...sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started today before, I was able to scan with no problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is my problem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/14/2017
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

ok, thank you....I have a cannon scanner. Canoscan LIde 110. never had a problem with it. Suddently, the app wont open. I downloaded a new driver and still doesn't. could it be that I downloaded sierra?

Has this printer worked ok before?

Is it already connected to your home wifi network?

Can any other device print to this printer ok?

If it has worked ok before, then we should be able to get it going again. Of course this depends on if the MacOS version you are running is compatible with your printer. What you can try first though is delete the printer from your printers list. You can do this by doing the following:

• click the apple
  • click system preferences
  • Click printers
  • Select the printer in the printer list
  • click the "-" minus sign
  • Then when it is gone,
  • click the "+" plus in the printers list and see if the printer is listed in the general section of the window. If it is select it to add it
  • Then try and print again and see what happens, let me know.

I can always remote in as well if needed just let me know.

For now don't try and use "the app" that will not open, that sounds like the printer software that may not be compatible but just try and print a test page from Microsoft Word or textedit, or a webpage without going through the printer app

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist