Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an XP-620 and I have streaks of black ink across

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an XP-620 and I have streaks of black ink across anything I print. I have just changed to new ink cartridges but its no better. Also when I get a printout its not printing every line of text it's skipping some lines

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson XP-620 273XL ink cartridges

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few weeks and nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/14/2017
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your printer issue.

Streaking and missing text could be due to an incorrectly aligned print head and/or dirty one. Try the following steps and this should remedy your issue.

Load a few sheets of plain paper.

Press the Home button on your printer.

Press the arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button.

Select Maintenance and press the OK button.

Select Nozzle Check and press the OK button.

Press the start button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed.

Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.

If there are no gaps, the print head is clean.

Select Done and press the OK button.

Select Clean the print head and press the OK button.

Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head.

If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 2 times, turn the product off and wait at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again.

If this doesn't fix your issue, PLEASE let me know.

If it does, please remember to rate my answer in the top right hand corner with 5-STARS so that I may receive credit for assisting you today!

Thank you!