Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WE HAVE A WORKFORCE 2630 PRINTER. FIIRST TIME EVER IT'S COME…

Customer Question
WE HAVE A WORKFORCE...

WE HAVE A WORKFORCE 2630 PRINTER. FIIRST TIME EVER IT'S COME UP WITH ERROR 0xF1

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 3 years old WF-2630

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just 5 minutes ago. says to turn machine off - did that and same message is appearing when i turned it back on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/14/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 8 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try these steps please.
unplug the printer from the main power outlet, then remove the printer cartridge, and then reattach it.
If the error code is due to hardware problem then it will work normally now.
If it does not resolve the issue let me know please.
OK - will try that. Thanks
no same error is showing
are you there?

yes,

what do I do know - turning it on and off and removing printer ink cartridges didn't work

The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?

No - the value of the printer is not worth the cost of trying to fix it.
I'll end the session now - thanks.
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.