Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was trying to print on cardstock and I got a message that…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to print on cardstock and I got a message that there is a paper jam. I followed the instructions on the screen. I can not find any paper that is jammed anywhere, and I have removed the rear cover and the front cover multiple times, but I still get the same error message. How do I get rid of the error message and print again?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson Workforce WF-3620. It is only a few months old. I got it on warranty as a replacement for one I had bought formerly that was having problems with leaving streaks when it printed. In spite of spending an hour or so on the phone with a technician and cleaning the print head repeatedly, the problem could not be corrected. So Epson sent me a new (or maybe it was actually reconditioned one.)

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Intel core 17 PC. I think it's Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have had a paper jam occasionally, but it hasn't been a big problem. I was trying to print on cardstock that may have been a bit heavier than normal. But I don't think the cardstock actually got stuck in the machine. It didn't even come out of the tray if I remember correctly.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I've had minor paper jams a few times before, but usually after clearing the paper out, the error message disappears and I can print again. This time it won't let me do anything.
I thought I was contacting Epson directly for help. I was a little surprised when I realised I had to pay $5 to get help, but thought it was not a big deal. Now you are trying to charge me $52 to remotely access my machine? Thanks, ***** ***** thanks! Please remove me from whatever I inadvertently joined, and do not charge me! This is ridiculous! Is this a scam, or what?

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris