Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My cannon mx320 printer has stopped working. My cannon mx…

Customer Question
My cannon mx320 printer...

My cannon mx320 printer has stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

My cannon mx 320 printer has stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

My cannon printer has stopped working from my P

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My cannon printer mx320 has stopped printing from my PC using MS windows I AM GETTING AN ERROR 5BOO This has just happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

After unpluging for 10 min and turning back on there is no difference.I still get an alarm and 5BOO error code

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.