Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon pixma 7720 is out of color ink; I only want to print…

Customer Question
Canon pixma 7720 is...

Canon pixma 7720 is out of color ink; I only want to print black and white. Cannot get to home screen. Support Code 1689 stays on screen and I can't get rid of it.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Pixma 7720. Cod is constantly on 1689

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS X Version 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Blue ink cartridge is out of ink; this is when problem started.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To do this, we need to disable the printer's ink monitoring. Are you ready now?