Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to reset a pixma ip8500. No not happened before…

Customer Question
I'm trying to reset...

I'm trying to reset a pixma ip8500

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

No not happened before but I have cleaned out the ink head last year as it is over 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

High sierra on a mac mini

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Waste ink absorber full press resume to continue -- which is no good for handyprint from other rooms

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It was printing fine but following the instructions on this page gives me a flashing orange led.. the mac finds the printer in system prefs and can add it if I delete it but print utility says printer is busy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Does the printer still say ink absorber full?