Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MG8120 Printer. I can't open the MP Navigator

Customer Question
I have an MG8120...

I have an MG8120 Printer. I can't open the MP Navigator program to scan documents.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon Pixma MG 8120 purchased 6/6/11

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just downloaded the High Sierra a few days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer works fine and the copier works fine. Just can't get it to scan.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The main problem is, MP Navigator is no longer officially supported on High Sierra. That means, it will not work or even if it works it will not with full compatibility.

So you will have to use Apple's Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and you will see Image Capture there.

In Image Capture, select your printer name in left side under Devices or Shared and click Scan. Click Show Details to see advanced scanning options.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.