Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a WF-3640 a few weeks ago and have had issues…

Customer Question
Hi. I purchased a...

Hi. I purchased a WF-3640 a few weeks ago and have had issues with it from the beginning. It doesn't print a whole document or will print incomplete pages. It also spends a long time processing the information before it prints. Can you help? The wifi connection is strong.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brand new. WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The printer is only a few weeks old. Has happened since the beginning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago
Damian Costa

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

Assuming you installed the cartridges as per the manufacturer's instructions AND followed the manufacturer's unpacking and installation process

THEN...this printer is probably DOA (dead on arrival)...and should be swapped out with a new one (you should return it quick while you still can and swap it for a new one)

Hi Damian,
It's ok, I've decided to go direct to Epson support.
Thanks,
Anne
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OK...sounds good...you are within the 1yr warranty period so you should be good

No, it's ok. Thank you.
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

But the place you bought it from should probably take it back with receipt within the first 30 days

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

Please disregard the auto pop…it’s from the company (not me)

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

If you appreciate the help...please rate me 5 stars above!!!

Have a great day!!!