Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It suddenly won't print black. i cleaned the print heads,

Customer Question
It suddenly won't print...

It suddenly won't print black. i cleaned the print heads, replaced the cartridge too

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

4620. about a year or 2 old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc, windows 10 i think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 days. it was working fine. i print a few pages everyday and suddenly went to print one yesterday and nothing. color works but not the black. it make the same noises like it's trying to print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.