Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I installed new ink cartridges and now the carriage will not…

Customer Question
I installed new ink...

I installed new ink cartridges and now the carriage will not engage. The light inside flashes like it is going to start but it does nothing. The orange light is flashing as if a paper jam has occurred but there is no paper jam.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

MG2922

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 7. It worked before, but I moved recently and now I'm having trouble. I bought new ink cartridges and I hate to waste the money if I can't get this to work. I'm desperate!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. I tried printing and I got the flashing light so I bought ink because it indicated I needed black ink. I bought both coloe and black and installed them both but no luck.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Any idea when you may have an answer?
11/13/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 5 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

still have the error

Please remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back in firmly and close the lid

Now,

Wait 2 minutes

Do you still have the error?

The printer cartridges are hidden on the left, the carriage doesn't position them in the center of the printer
Are you kidding me? Did you just rip me off??

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to manually move over the carriage and remove the ink cartridges.

I am not sure what you mean by "Are you kidding me? Did you just rip me off?" -- I have replied back to your messages within 1 minute each time.

I'm unable to move them.
Ok. Just moved them. Sorry.

Unplug the power cord

I just removed the cartridges. Now what do you need me to do

Place them back in

Plug in the power cord and close the lid

Do you still have the issue?

still have the issue.
Are you able to connect to my PC? I'm on my I pad, but my PC is what is connected to the printer.

How old is the printer?

Maybe 5 years, not sure. If you can look at my computer screen maybe you can tell me if I have the ports incorrectly figured.

The ports are not the issue.

The issue is internally with the printer thinking there is either a sensor issue with a paper jam or the print head has failed.

Oh, ok. What now? I just spent 50.00 for printer ink and money for advice, which I appreciate, but do you think my printer is damaged enough that need new one? If so, are they still selling this model? I would like to be able to use the cartridges I just bought

You can return those cartridges back to the store or I can help locate the same printer.

Which do you prefer?

I don't think they will take the cartridges back since I opened them and removed the little strip. Do you know where I can purchase another printer like this?

They will take them back but it depends on the person/manager on duty.

You can buy it here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0113O18XE/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Ok. Thanks for your help. So my credit card will be charged with 5.00 and the additional 39.00 correct?

I do not have access to the payment information but the price was setup by you and the system so if that is what your records show then yes.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Well, I am disappointed that the problem couldn't be fixed, but honestly everything you told me to do I had already done. It was indicated that for the additional 39.00 you could connect to my printer and provide further in depth help. Seriously, that is disappointing. Although I'm not blaming you, it's the way the site communicated it to me, the customer. I don't want to give you a bad rating but I am very disappointed and I may call my credit card to complain. So for now I am not going to provide a rating. I hope you don't get in trouble because you were just doing your job. Thank you.

I appreciate the reply -- I am only a technician on here and I am not paid unless I receive a 4/5 star rating.

The offer for remote assistance is automated by our system and since it was not accepted, it will be refunded back. I hope that clears up any confusion. Also, I do not handle any type of payment information but I do understand being upset about spending money to be told something is not working.

Josh, Technician