Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is PIXMA iP100. Question: How to correct constant…

Customer Question
My printer is PIXMA...

My printer is PIXMA iP100. Question: How to correct constant paper jam-service error 5700?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't know where to find model number. Is it CIN-ip-100B?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - Windows XP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Issue is is recent--within the last 7 days. I pushed "print" for a document then the yellow light started flashing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe not at this time.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to first unplug the printer instead of turning it Off, when it is On to begin with.

Then with it unplugged from the power, open it up and examine the entirety of the paper path, the path paper travels through the printer.

Blow out any dust or paper fluff that might be lingering there. (But not violently nor with 'canned air' - you might blow dust up into the printhead and the inking system, not affecting it very well and possibly leading to errors from a clogged printhead.)

Make sure there is no debris inside the printer, no paper scraps, no loose parts littering the paper path, etc.

Check the rear paper path area, or the 'duplex' if there is one, also. The rear hatch at least, that is, needs opening and inspecting for anything like dust, fluff, or paper or scraps.

Then after 10 minutes or longer subsequent to unplugging the printer to turn it Off, plug it in again, and turn it On if it doesn't turn On by itself.

See if that clears the error - if not, Reply To Expert and tell me, and mention how old the printer is, and whether the printer is plugged into a surge protector.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)