Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon MG8250 printer makes a terrible noise when I turn…

Customer Question
My canon MG8250 printer...

My canon MG8250 printer makes a terrible noise when I turn it on and try to use it

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes it has has I cleaned it via maintenance and it was OK for a few weeks but now it makes the noise so loud straight away and I cannot maintain it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

PC and not sure what OS means.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Please open the door to the carriage bay with the power on and see if you can observe any erratic motion of the carriage. Put your hands on the ides of the printer and determine whether you can feel it shaking violently. Then disconnect the power cable. In what position is the carriage located? With one hand on the carriage and the other had on the printer chassis, try to move the carriage from side to side by applying a gentle amount of force. You should be able to apply just enough force to overcome moto friction. If the carriage will not move, there may be something obstructing it. You can use a small flashlight to look for any foreign matter on the carriage track that may be causing the carriage to be jammed or something in the space around the carriage preventing it from moving. Please let me know what happens.

what is the carriage and the printer chassis?
I have paid my $5 on paypal

The carriage is the assembly that holds the printhead and the ink cartridges. It moves back and forth to form the line of print on the page. I should not have used the word chassis, The chassis is the frame of the printer which supports all the moving parts and the body of the printer. I meant to say that you should put one hand on the carriage and the other on the body of the printer1Then apply a gentle force to move the carriage from one side of the printer to the other. Please let me know what happens.

Your $5 deposit will be applied to the value of the question when you indicate that you are satisfied with the answer.

Our service is guaranteed, and you do not pay for the question unless you are satisfied with the answer. Your satisfaction is indicated by a 5-Satar rating system, as follows

5 Stars - Excellent Service

4 Stars - Good Service

3 Stars - Satisfactory Service

2 Stars - Poor Service

1 Star - Unsatisfactory Service

Please Note: You will be charged for any rating, but I do not earn anything unless the rating is a positive one (3 Stars and above).

No Rating - No Charge

The best thing to do if you are not satisfied is to communicate what you need to have your question answered to your satisfaction. If I am unable to solve your problem, you do not have to rate my service, unless you are very unhappy with it. If you do not rate, you do not have to pay, and your deposit will be refunded.