Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I try to fax sometimes up to 30 pages to someone and it wont…

Customer Question
I try to fax...

I try to fax sometimes up to 30 pages to someone and it wont let me it will only fax 3 pages andit says its out of memery

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother mfc-j5620dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I bought it from a individul

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/13/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it scans the first several pages in very rapidly in quick succession, then that, combined with the error message, means it is trying to scan pages into memory before sending them. This is a setting on the machine, that can save long-distance toll charges by making the sending of pages-upon-pages somewhat faster.

However, setting it to scan one page and send it or to scan only as fast as it is sending, will obviate the memory lack error and allow operation.

Also... you might have other, unsent, faxes in memory. Tell me whether the above makes sense, and if you'd like to try the change of settings - and if you don't know how to change that setting - Reply To Expert, let me know, and I will instruct you specifically how to do that settings change.

How do I reset to fax more pages

OK, one minute or two please, while I type in instructions....

Press SETUP (tools icon) on the printer.

Then press (tools icon, and All Settings) on the printer.

Press FAX

Press PRINT FAX

Press OK

Press the Home icon.

Then, after a bit, press Settings (tools) again.

And then press All Settings again.

Then press FAX, then press SETUP RECEIVE.

Then move the screen selection up or down (e.g. with arrow keys) to show

Memory Receive

then press OFF.

Then press the HOME icon or button. If you're asked to Erase All FAX? then answering YES will clear the memory.

Then also press Settings (tools)

and then press FAX PREVIEW

then press OFF, then press YES.

Then if prompted, press Continue, then press YES... or else choose Print All Faxes Before Delete, to print them out and clear the memory, either way clears the memory.

After that your machine should do fine. If it does, please rate my answer and my work, in reply or by using the five-star interface on the JustAnswer page, please. A five-star rating gives tribute to my efforts to answer your question.

(The JustAnswer page is this one:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/assvb-try-fax-sometimes-30-pages-someone-wont.html )

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech