Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to save a document to a specific folder and I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to save a document to a specific folder and I used to get a dialog box every time I scanned so I could pick where I wanted the document to go. How do I get that box before scanning?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon MX492 1 year

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It worked on my last computer which was Windows 8 but not on my windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

When it worked clicked custom scan and ever time before I scanned a box would come up and I could pck where I wanted the scanned document to go. Now that box does not come up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

What software are you using to scan? More specifically, what are the steps you take to scan a document?