Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My epson stylus photo rx620 says there is a paper jam .But,I…

Customer Question
Hi my epson stylus...

Hi my epson stylus photo rx620 says there is a paper jam .But,I have cleared the paper and the message will not go away

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 12 years old and the model is Epson Stylus PHOTO RX620

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is a computer PC and I am using internet explorer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of days ago there was a paper jam and the paper was pulled forward.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes,is this a free service?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

What kind of money are we talking about ,just to keep me right.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please turn the printer on if it is not already, and then unplug it while it is on. Leave it unplugged for 30 minutes and then plug it back in. Turn it back on and see if the error message is still present.

Hi Ricky,
I have don ewhat you suggested,so I will wait for 30 minutes.If it doesn't work ,will you be online ?
Thanks,Julio

Yes, I will be around.

Hi Ricky,
I didn't work

Okay, please open up the printer and go over the inside with a fine tooth comb. There could be a tiny piece of paper stuck over a sensor.

Hi Ricky,
The solution you gave me it didd't work on the printer.Before you tell me to do something else I will tell you what I have don eso far with the printer:
1-Check for small pices of paper on the sensor
2-Check with a fine brush for and paper
3-Shake the printer
4-Turn it off from the wall
5-Feed paper manuallyAny other ideas?

The only other idea I have is that one of the small tabs that senses paper jams is stuck. They look like tiny hinged pieces of plastic near the rollers inside the printer. If you can see these and wiggle them, maybe it will unjam it.

Did you get it working?

Hi Ricky,
No joy,I already checked the sensor before and they are fine.Julio

I'm sorry, I will have to open this question up to other experts who may be able to help you further, as I am out of ideas. Thank you for your patience.