Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It has an error code 6500 and said to release the scanner…

Customer Question
It has an error...

It has an error code 6500 and said to release the scanner lock switch, but I don't know where the switch is

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes it says error 6500 release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on there's a Canon mp830

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is a dell in Windows XP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just bought the printer for my neighbor and I'm just installing it up now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2017
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago
Damian Costa
Lift the document cover open. Slide the scanner lock switch to the release mark. Close the document cover. Press <ON/OFF> to turn off the machine. Wait approximately 5 seconds then press <ON/OFF> to power back on the printer.
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

If you appreciate the answer...please rate 5 stars above!!!